Banner

Banner

Thursday, February 27, 2014

(No subject)

Email received February 25, 2014

Querida familia,

Wow what a crazy week. This was the last week of the transfer and it turns out Elder Cragun will be leaving tomorrow. I’m a bit bummed to be honest-he is a very hard worker. I won’t find out my next comp or if I will be training again until tonight. I’m grateful to be here in Buenos Aires and I really love this ward. One thing is for sure- they love playing basketball and this Thursday is independence day down here in the DR so we have planned a big ward basketball game for the early morning. The bishop is a really good player and his sons are very good as well but he is adamant that in his old age he can still whoop up on them. I actually have an ingrown toenail right now that I just got treated and it’s still tender so I will be taking it a bit easy in the game.

Wow! I can’t believe Maren is already doing missionary work. It’s really true that just being a friend to someone really is just the start. She is very sweet. This week we found a really cool investigator named Heidi. She actually contacted us on Tuesday morning I think and asked about the English we have been teaching at the church. She asked if she could come even if she wasn’t a member and we told her absolutely and gave her our number and told her to call us if she was interested in hearing a message or just needed service or anything. She laughed and said that we talk funny but she would love to talk about God anytime. We got the chance to teach her and she read the folleto(pamphlet) for the restauracion(restoration) and marked it up all nice and had amazing questions. We were blessed to be able to answer them clearly enough and she really understood. She showed up to church yesterday and loved it. She said she has gone to a lot of churches but there was something different about ours, she felt different. We explained it’s the spirit, the same spirit she feels when we talk with her and she is reading and it’s telling her that it’s all true. She loved the Book of Mormon and asked if she could go to institute to get even more help understanding it. The institute teacher and her husband are both recently returned missionaries and said she is more than welcome to come to the class or their house with any questions about the book. The work is really progressing. Things with Sara are going well. You know me. I get easily frustrated when I feel that things are clear and people don’t understand but I am trying to learn humility and remember all God has ever worked with is imperfect people and he deals with it so I need to humble myself and do so as well. We pray for her everyday and we are seeing progress with her father now as well. We have a family prayer with them every night. It’s hard because we live so far away but it’s worth running home late at night to be on time and help them feel the spirit a bit more. So anyway the girls definitely hiss here and blow kisses a lot. All you can do is ignore them. We were teaching a menos active (less active) at a member’s house and the door was opened and we sing a hymn to start every lesson and a girl outside heard me sing and started blowing me tons of kisses and hissing at me and telling me how bueno I am and so we closed the door and I think the menos activo tried to put a curse on her with a chicken or something but I didn’t understand so well. I really do love this place so much. Best of luck to Meg and Maren. Tell them I am praying for them and I hope the very best. I know they will do great.

Thanks for everything i love you all so much.

Elder Hulsey