Banner

Banner

Monday, February 3, 2014

No Subject

Email received February 3, 2014

Dear family,
Wow i cant believe it has been 6 months tampoco(either). by the way excuse the spelling in this email because the keyboard i am using is super broken. Anyway i love my new area. Im still not allowed to eat with anybody due to rules of the country. Its actually not just a rule of the missiion but the area seventy for the caribe(carribean) said missionaries in the dr shouldn’t be eating with members or investigators. It’s all for safety reasons. I have been blessed with a lot of health and strength during my mission. I actually burned a tie on my sixth month mark with my house. It’s so weird living with so many missionaries. Three companionships are a lot and I’m one of the older missionaries time wise in the house. The only one with more time with me is elder Diaz, the Costa Rican and he only has two more weeks on me. He is a super hard worker. His comp is really struggling though. We pray for elder Ramos every day to start adjusting more to the mission life. He has a good testimony he just needs to adjust is all. It can be hard we all know. Anyway if all goes well this Saturday I will have a baptism. Her name is Sara and I hope you guys keep her in your prayers this week especially. She is amazing and really does have a testimony but this week before baptism is always so hard. Her mom really wants to get baptized too but her dad said he doesn’t believe and doesn’t want to get married to her and she doesn’t have enough money to leave him. We gave it to him hard on the family yesterday. We read the Proclamation together and I knew he felt the spirit. He still told me he didn’t believe in all this but he respected our views on the family. All I could say was that realmente no estamos aqui para convincir le que estas cosas son verdaderas pero estamos aqui para invitar le. Por favor hermano hacer una oracion y pedir su padre celestial en el nombre de jesus si este es el camino que el quiere que tome. Si su familia puede ser eterna.(really we are not here to convince you that these things are true. We are only here to invite you to find out for yourself. Please brother, offer a prayer and ask your Father in Heaven in the name of Jesus if this is the path that he want you to take-for your family to be eternal). And after testified that I know families are forever. I really have learned that a lot here on the mission. I love the concept of families. I know there is no such thing as a perfect family. I know we didn’t have one but we really do have a happy family. I really love all of you guys and I am forever grateful to our heavenly father for the opportunity I have to be with you guys forever. I know I gave up two years with you guys to help others feel this same way. I can’t explain to you how happy I am to teach about forever families. I’m very grateful for these past 6 months I have had here. I will always be grateful for them. I can’t wait for these next 18 months. It’s sad to me that I am already a fourth of the way done. It’s weird how fast it is all going. I remember in my setting apart President Eddy said that the angles will guide me home. Really I think he meant that the angles will probably be the only ones with the strength to drag me out of this place. I can’t picture myself anywhere else besides here. I really love these people so much and I can’t believe how much I have learned from them and I am so excited to get to learn even more.
Yo espero que todo este bien alla. estoy muy agradecido por cada uno de ustedes.
Con mucho amor y un abrazo,
Elder Hulsey