Banner

Banner

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Email received February 17, 2014

Dear family,

Thanks so much for all the prayers for Sara and her family. We have had excellent lessons with their family and Mari and Sara show up to church each week but there is still just something missing so we are postponing the baptism just a little bit more. Elder Cragun and I made a cake for them though and are showing as much love as we can to them. I really love Elder Cragun. I don’t know how much time we will have together though because the transfer is almost over. I can’t believe I already have 6 weeks here in Buenos Aires. Don’t worry about the fan club- they just see the name tag and the white boy and go for it. I haven’t had problems other than cat calls and well last night and my first week here I got proposed to but don’t worry I’m totally fine. It’s just kinda funny to us now. I remember this one time playing baseball with Eli almost right before I left and him telling me, “ Spence I love you, thanks for playin’ ball with me. Can we play tomorrow too?” I remember that moment a lot now and I am excited for the day I can play some ball with him again. I do have very fond memories with each of you. The Dominicans really are just like family to me now. I love them so much and I know I have so much to do here. I know I have bad times here but I don’t remember them to well. I just love it in truth. No hay otro lugar en lo que yo querreria estar (There is no other place I would rather be). It sounds like you guys had a great stake conference. This ward is so amazing doing the work with us. We are trying to give it to Mari’s husband hard and we feel that family history could be an excellent way to do it. He does really love the family and I think it would be good to show him what we really believe as far as eternal families. I know that the spirit of Elijah has been poured out over the face of the earth. I know that maybe if nothing else could this can touch his heart and soften it. It’s such a blessing to have a temple so close to us here in the DR. We have shown the family so many pictures of the temple and I really have the firm hope that someday they can walk in there to be sealed. That really is the goal. I can’t even think of anything that would make me happier at this point. It’s easy sometimes to get down on ourselves in the mission. But I know I need to have hope for a brighter tomorrow. Everybody has the potential of godhood someday. Even the bum on the street you normally wouldn’t give a second glance to is a child of god and has such a wonderful potential for something so much better than what he has been asked to pass through here. What a blessing we have as members and missionaries of this church to spread that message-to bring and establish the peace of Jesus Christ. Uncle Rick wrote something on my Halloween card that had a bigger effect on me than he probably thought when he wrote it. It simply says “Bring the Peace”. I thought it was suiting. There is very little peace here but it’s not important. I was called by God to serve here and help bring that sacred peace that can only be found through obedience to the laws and ordinances of this church. I’m very firm in the faith here. My apartment is super fun. We are building a new one right now and I got the chance to see it and it looks like it will be pretty nice-two bathrooms por lo menos(at least). We have an interview every two to three transfers and we visit the temple every 6 months so I will be going in march. We also do have zone conferences but they are rare here. I love you all and thanks for thinking about me and praying for me. I really feel your love and prayers here all the time.

Love,
Elder Hulsey