Banner

Banner

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Emails received October 21, 2013

Dear family,
This past week was a very good one to end the transfers on. We had interviews with the president last Thursday and he said my Spanish is sounding super good. He is a spiritual giant. There is really no other way to describe it. I really love him. I haven´t had any problems with my kidneys. I am being as smart as i can with the water i drink too i promise mom. I don´t plan on wasting one second of the lords time y entonces no quiero tener problemas con mi salud. Its super important to have the spirit with you always. Its the thing that really gets you through all your ups and downs. You go through a lot on a mission. You experience a lot and people look to you often to do something you really have no idea how to do but god is a very smart man. He won´t put you in a wrong situation with a wrong person so just be obedient. Follow the proper counsels and use the spirit. Thats the only way to have success. Also its very important to notice the little miracles. Oh so im staying in Bani with Manubay for one more transfer. Actually our house didn´t change at all which made me super happy because we have a lot of fun here. Zack is absolutely right. Its the only way. I think maybe for people in the church we treat repentance and the atonement as such a scary thing. Its a hard thing but its not scary. In truth its just happy. It makes everything so much easier in the end. So never be afraid to use the atonement when needed because it was made for a reason. Oh acapella. Cant believe those days are over sometimes. I trust wilcok kept the choir in line. We have a choir here in our branch but i think it would make wilcok cry for all the wrong reasons. Not too many Dominicans have a good voice. But its still a pretty fun. Tell emma its really going to be ok. I have had to learn this concept here, The lord will always bless you with strength beyond your own in the moment you really need it when you are humble and obedient. Its all going to be ok. Halloween should be pretty fun it sounds like. I think dad should go in a gorilla suit though, or maybe save that for field day or algo como si. Pues muchas gracias por todo. Yo se que estoy en el mejor parte de mi vida. Me amo todos las personas aqui. Ellos necesitan muchos cosas y se que el senor quiere darles todos. Mom i had such wonderful experiences this last week. I want to tell you about them all but I think im a bit too nervous to do so. But do know that im so happy here. I feel so good. It is hard tu sabes but im growing a lot everyday. And everyday its getting that much easier. I feel that is the purpose of life. Not to get everything right away but precept on precept. Everyday I can tell myself that i did a little bit better than yesterday. I start to notice every little thing the lord does for me. I know he lives, i know he loves me. I want to help these people as best as i can. I don´t think the lord can experience more joy than when a lost sheep is found.
I love you guys,
Elder Hulsey