Banner

Banner

Monday, October 14, 2013

Re: Hello there‏

Email received October 14, 2013

Dear family,
I am loving life here in the DR. Ok so we cant drink from the taps but water is really a non issue. We have filtered water bottles that we can drink straight from a river if we wanted to sin problema and we live right next store to a big water factory called Agua Crystal. And so we are able to buy purified water for super cheap so no teprecupes ha excuse my dominican slang. So anyway haven't been sick at all really. Tired but never sick. My native zone leader cooks for us and we all buy the food and do the dishes and such all in all it all works out. I always have enough money mom really. I have never ran out of personal food or anything so we are really all fine over here. So this week was super exciting for us. Basically our area book was the saddest thing you ever could have seen. Bani has been open for a super long time and so we had a lot of freaking stuff in there. I even found stuff from an Elder Wilkes i was wondering if it was the stake presidents son, But anyway we were praying for a way to really help our area because its been a bit of a struggle. I then had a thought during personal study and reflection time and I remembered what you always said about keeping a good area book. So I talked with my comp about it and we decided to act. It was amazing. We got permission to essentially start anew and so we started literally at the ocean and are working our way down talking to everybody and keeping a good record. The blessings are coming too as Marisol finally committed to baptism. She finally read and got her testimony after being an investigator for the past 8 months. She really wants to baptized on halloween and the assistants are ok with it but we are gonna call president and be sure. So thanks so much for always talking to me mom. Because of you acting on a thought that i believe to be one hundred percent inspired by the spirit people in Bani are receiving the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, The only true way to salvation. I'm super pumped for the home ward too. And just like you said really try to make her feel welcome and invited. Ill be honest with you our branch here is quite possibly the most apostate thing i may have ever seen but I'm grateful heavenly father has placed me here. I'm so happy for the chance i have to help out the branch here. Anyway that's way awesome for Zack. We do email but he didn´t tell me that. our email are a bit funny though. Kind of like these weird half spanish half english and the occasional guarani from him. I love this work and i hope you guys are able to find more opportunities to get involved. Are the missionaries Elders or sisters? are the Spanish or English or both or what? I love you all so much. We have interviews and transfer calls this week but i am pretty sure i will be staying with Manubay for another transfer. You are usually with your trainer for at least the first 2 transfers but with the amount of missionaries there is a possibility of me training this next one so we will have to see.
Con amor,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey