Banner

Banner

Monday, November 25, 2013

Email received November 25, 2013

Querida familia,
I'm sorry my letter kinda freaked you out last week. I guess i just couldn´t really think of much to say but i promise i had a fantastic week. I love you guys so much and thanks for the all the prayers. I hope you know i pray for you all as well. Ha actually last pday we celebrated thanksgiving here as a zone. Our zone is very american so we all decided to get together and have a little party. We couldn´t cook a turkey though so we just bought some rotisserie chicken ha it reminded me of some good times me zack and jeff had. My president is a really good guy. He is very spiritual and you can tell he has so much love for his missionaries and for the work. He is a strict man but very sincere and very obedient. There is a very real opposing force here to the work. I have seen a lot down here in just the past 2 transfers and things that really i just can´t share because they are very sacred but I promise i am totally fine. The lord loves and protects each of his missionaries and i have been blessed with strength beyond my own. We had so many less actives in church yesterday, it was truly amazing to see the capilla fairly full. I loved it so much. The work is really starting to take off with the less actives. We taught a lot of them last week and we are really only struggling with getting this one woman to return. I'm pumped for uncle Ben. That took a while but its good that it happened por fin. so about the humanitarian stuff, I would love if she sent some things but in truth i don´t think i could be the one to hand the stuff out. If she wanted to she could send it to the mission office or something and they should be able to distribute but I don´t think its a good thing for me to do. The hardest part about my mission so far i think has been having to tell people i cant help them out financially. Its super hard but i can always share a quick message, give them a pack of oreos, and testify to them of the love our heavenly father has for them. I thought a lot about the song love is spoken here this past week. I have seen some pretty messed up homes here. The physical structures and the families that live inside them are full of problems. I thought about the line, mine is a home where every hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood power. What a great line. I know its true in our home and it can be for their homes as well. Thats what i am most grateful for. I grew up in a home knowing that no matter what happened the priesthood was always there. I had a mother and father who taught me gospel truths my whole life. When i was blessed to know that everything would be ok with you guys when i left in my setting apart, i didnt really understand how until now. I know mom that we are a forever family, what else matters? I hope thanksgiving is a blast for you all. We do have fhe´s with the members but we are not allowed to eat there. I havent really been sick but we did eat some weird food from this one restaurant and my whole house including my native zone leader got incredibly bad tummy troubles. Transfer calls will be here on sunday and i am thinking my comp will leave. I will be finished completely with my training so depending on the amount of missionaries coming in, i will be training. If its the lords will of course. I did receive the package yesterday. Thanks so much for sending it.
I love you all,
Elder spencer w. hulsey


ps here is marisol at her baptism