Banner

Banner

Friday, October 11, 2013

Email received October 7, 2013

Dear Family,
Life in the DR is super great. I am glad you got that letter. There should have been a map in there so you can track where I am at. Bani is such an amazing place. People here don´t always understand the message though. It makes it a bit more difficult but I have learned a lot of good lessons about patience. I know I have the truth and therefore everything will work out for the best if i am obedient. That's really the key to everything in Missionary work. There are also a lot of evangelicos who don´t really like or rather understand the church. I am working super hard to build off common beliefs though. I am trying to be like Ammon. So The voodoo lady actually now has a baptismal fecha. We are working really hard with her to get her ready for it. its not for a while but I really admire her faith in accepting the invitation. I don´t see too much voodoo but I know i have been cursed a few times. I watched conference in Spanish so it was a bit hard to understand but i at least got the main focus of each talk. It sounded like they hit marriage pretty hard. And yes they just broadcast it to our church. I remember a talk elder bednar gave a long time ago but we got to see the rebroadcast of in the CCM. He started with saying if you write down everything that is said word for word all you have done is made a set of large plates but if you write down your feelings you are more apt to learn. They definitely hit member missionary work too. I am so glad you are sharing the gospel back at home. Its such a blessing to get to do it everyday. Sure its hard but its also really fun. I love being a witness of Jesus Christ. Hey way to go Emma. I do miss the Lindon Elementary sometimes. I really love my comp though he is a super great guy and he is very in tune with the spirit. We work hard but we also have a lot of fun. So we don´t have a time for dinner so we get two hours for lunch and we usually have a big lunch at home where my native zone leader, Elder Santiago, cooks. Then for breakfast i usually eat oatmeal, cereal, or just like grandpa some vienna sausages and for dinner i usually have enough time in between planning and bed time to make a sandwich. Si estoy aprendiendo la idioma. Es dificil a veces pero yo se que vive mi senor. Y puedo vencer todos mis desafios aqui por medio de su poder. Es una benedicion en mi vida para sentir su amor y su poder cada momento aqui. Y con cada persona yo tengo la oportunidad a ensenar. Muchas gracias por todos sus oraciones y todo su amor. We have a washing machine in our house kinda. Its two spinners really. One of them dries the other one washes but its a little rough on clothes. They say you just get used to the crustiness of them. I don't really mind though its really such a blessing just to have the water to wash my clothes really. And soap is pretty cheap here as well. I know a marvelous work has come forth. there is something super special about this country. It was the first one Chris Columbus found. I feel super blessed to be here. Thanks again for everything and have a great week.
Con amor,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey