Banner

Banner

Friday, October 11, 2013

Email received September 30, 2013

My Week was really good. Bani is a real make you or break you area. its super hard and often times you wont get the chance to see the fruit of your labors but I know i am helping people feel the spirit. I love contacting a lot because it is a time where i can testify to people who literally have nothing that if they listen to our message they can have everything. I love telling them that they are a child of a loving god. I know they feel the truthfulness of this. I remember this last Tuesday we found this lady out in the middle of nowhere and as missionaries we love to talk with everybody so we went up and started a conversation probably about 7 at night so it was pretty dark here. Anyway she had tons of voodoo in her house because a robber had broken in and she was super afraid of it happening again. She already didn´t have much to begin with. But anyway there was a different kind of feeling in that house. We said a prayer though and in the prayer my companion blessed the house with safety and with the spirit of god. And instantly the spirit had filled the room. We taught her about the restoration and she loved the message. she loved the spirit we brought to her that night. She is progressing now and we have a baptismal fecha for her on the 4th of January but it should move up soon. She is a fabulous lady. Anyway it sounds like things at home are going super well. So kind of a funny story but i got to go to the relief society session here To play techie with my comp. We live stream conference and that's how we watch it. I loved the talks though. Especially The first counselors She talked about how members need to involve themselves in missionary work. i really want to be a missionary for the rest of my life. I love doing what i do and i definitely feel your prayers. thanks so much for all you ever did for me. its so hard here but i know the lord walks with me everyday. i know he lives and is with us everyday. I love being his servant here.
Con mucho Amor,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey