Banner

Banner

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Re: Happy One Month‏

Email Received August 29, 2013

querido familia,
I cant believe its been a month either. Its going by super fast. I wish you guys could meet them all too. So today we broke a record for the DR mtc as we now have more people than ever and have had to open up the 3rd and 2nd floors to the ccm. I'm kind of sad though because we have had to eliminate some patron housing but I trust the lord knows what he is doing and will still find a way for people to come and receive the blessings of the temple. I have met even more people now as there are people from Nicaragua, Guatemala, Chile, all over. Its so nice getting to meet new cultures even when you can't understand a word they're saying. I miss the Jamaican sisters already. They were incredible. One of them gave a talk last Sunday and she told us all if something is worth doing it's worth doing with all your heart, and a mission is worth doing. I don't want to waste a second of the lords time and I want to serve him with all my heart here. My threesome is going well. Its harder to teach for sure especially because we are all very different personality wise. church is pretty awesome here. We always have sacrament meeting at 9, then district meeting/Sunday school then priesthood followed by doctrine class with the president and then a church video and at 6 we get to hear a quorum of the 12 devotional each week (we get to hear them on Tuesday mornings as well and these past two have changed my life) and then we have an ice cream social and walk around the temple. So the devotional on Sunday was by Jeffery R. Holland and it spoke exactly to my needs. He explained how we are all God's investigators. We are here to learn and to grow and become perfected in Christ. It is devastating to hear when a missionary comes home and loses their testimony. they keep saying my mission is supposed to be pretty high for that but I'm not going to be a part of that statistic. The tender mercies of the lord are truly all around. I had an amazing one last week at the university. We had one more book of Mormon and I was praying so hard for somebody to give it to. we walked past this girl sitting in the corner alone pondering about something and at first we walked past her with out a thought but i had a thought, nothing big or grand where the heavens opened up for me or anything but I just thought you need to go tell her heavenly father loves her and she is important to him. So i acted. I turned around and started talking to her. My Spanish isn't perfect but I know with all surety of my heart she felt Gods love for her. Even if it was just for 5 seconds she knew how important she was to heavenly father and I was reminded as well. The spirit always does his job with out fail. She accepted the book and I hope she calls the missionaries and gets more information. I pray so hard for dad everyday. I put his name on the prayer rolls each week so he has people from all over praying in his behalf in a few different languages even but to the same god and for the same purpose and I know he will do this and do this well. I would suggest reading 2nd Timothy 1:7-8. It has helped me everyday here and every step. I have nothing to complain about ever. I'm so happy for Emma. Homecoming was my first date too and It was a ton of fun. She will have a good time with Spencer and I know I wont have to beat him up or anything after two years. Thank you so much for all your positive and encouraging words. I really am blessed with such a great family and I know God is aware of all our needs. We have nothing to fear. I love you guys and i pray for you constantly. Keep up your good work
con amor,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey