Banner

Banner

Saturday, August 17, 2013

(No Subject)

Email received August 15, 2013

Hey mom!
Thanks so much for all of this. I know it couldn't have been easy but you must know how much I love these people and how much I am dying to share this message with them. My companion is a good guy. He tries his best and I love him. I will be in a threesome for the rest of the experience though because we just got a whole group of Latins in and elder Peña is going to be with them. Oh and the Haitians left. I am a bit sad about that but they will do amazing things. They are the nicest most faithful guys I have ever met. They have been working as hard as they can their whole lives for this and they are doing the true work of the Lord. By far my favorite teacher is Hermano Rubio. He is a Dominican form of Zack. I have seen people who remind me of a few of our family members. Elder Horner is definitely Sam Reber and Elder Peña is totally Jeff, ha. He is even a huge Walker Texas Ranger fan haha. Oh we also got a ton of Jamaican sisters in. I actually haven't been sick at all but a guy in my district has a colon infection. The doctor here says that its common for north Americans though. Oh and by the way If I ever get sick here I am supposed to come back to the MTC and have the doctor here check me out. He is a super funny guy from America and he and I talked a lot because of my kidneys. He just said be wise and drink water. anyway school should be fun. Summer sure blew away huh? Well I know Dad is going to do great things. He has the lords blessing and I have been to the temple twice now and have placed his name on the prayer rolls. I know the lord will bless him and all of you. To help solidify this point I want to share a very amazing experience I had. So the role play we do here is all with our teachers. My teacher Hermano Rubio has been dubbed the hardest one but I love it because its supposed to be the real thing. His role play name is Jose Cuevas and everybody in my district leaves the lessons very downhearted because he is so difficult. And he knows the scriptures very well. I decided with my companion and through much prayer and study that we need to Just get to know him and understand how our message can help him before even saying we have a message for him tonight.  I had studied hard and used my scriptures and got to know him super well and taught according to the spirit. I felt the spirit incredibly strong through this all and I know all of this came because of him. Last night I had never felt it so strong and I challenged him to be baptized (again because he said he was already baptized before by immersion in the Church of Dios) and he totally accepted. All things were made possible through Christ here. I am just some little boy from Utah but the Lord is using me to be an instrument in His hand. He is turning me into who I need to be. I have learned so much this week and it is as you say a baptism by fire. But even seemingly impossible tasks are made possible through the love and grace of god. I haven't regretted a single minute of this. It's scary and hard at times but I am doing it and I know you all can too. Its a blessing having all your prayers. Thank you for helping me get here. I pray for you all everyday and night. I love you all. and yes I can receive packages here. By the way I have received more mail than any other elder here ha so thanks to everybody who has written me.
Con mucho amor y abrazos,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey