Banner

Banner

Monday, December 23, 2013

Re: Hola!

Email received December 17, 2013

dear family,
Sorry about yesterday, we were in azua for a long time but it was a ton of fun. I really enjoyed seeing the missionaries i knew and the spirit was very strong. My poor companion really didnt know too much of what was going on because it was all in spanish. He doesnt have bad spanish just that usual gringo block. Tal vez yo tengo eso todavia pero cada dia estoy mejorando poco a poco mas. Me gusta mucho el idioma. I really am loving the DR. I definitely can feel you all walking with me everyday. Its really such a blessing to have a family who loves and prays for you. Especially with the knowledge of forever families. To me its such a blessing preaching to people about a message of families being together forever. What a blessing it is to these people to have a temple so close by. I love the santo dominigo temple a lot. My mission president gave me a temple recommend holder with a picture of the temple that says Mision Santo Domingo Oeste 2013. Ok so i will explain the whole socks and flip flop thing oh and the pants as well because if you noticed, I made those pants i was wearing, kinda. Anyway so in the mornigns for study we need to be in missionary clothes but not shoes and i don´t actually leave the house until 2 in the afternoon. It's the schedule president gave us trainers. But anyway i get this call at about 830 here and it was Brother Roper telling me he was on Calle Las Mercedes looking for our house so i went out to the street but was too lazy to put my real shoes on so i just took the chancletas with my socks. the pants, its a tradition for every dominican missionary to make pants down here. Meaning you find a man who makes pants and ask him to make you some. So i made those pants for pretty cheap and they are pretty nice. Luckily all my shirts and clothes have been holding up great. I will be able to skype with yall at 3 my time so noon for you guys. I am super pumped and yes i plan on just using 40 minutes because its the guidline in the white handbook. I have some pretty crazy stories to tell you guys. I told a lot of stuff to my comp this week. He has been really struggling out here especially with his testimony. I tell him everyday that no matter what he will never regret the decision to endure to the end of his mission. And reminded him that its just like the himno says, Solo el que trabaja, se siente feliz. The only way to feel happy is to work. Its all we can do. Wow its crazy how grown up everybody seems. I know its only been a few months but it just seems crazy is all. Cant wait to play some ball with adam when i see him. We will play dominican style. They definitely play a little bit different down here.
Well I love you all and hope this week is great!
Love Elder Hulsey