Banner

Banner

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Email received December 9, 2013

My dear family,
estoy muy tranquilo, algo un poco diferente aqui es la frase que lo que? es como que tal. So i have some pretty big news actually, im training right now so my new comp has only 1 month and is fresh out of the ccm. Crazy right? the lord has trusted me with a pretty big responsibility and im super pumped for the challenge. Its definitely different but im super excited. His name is Elder mortensen. He is super tall and super funny and his spanish is improving everyday. Im super blessed to be training a guy like him. It sounds like adams birthday was a lot of fun. im happy he is my little brother. So i still don´t have all the news as far as skype goes but i will know for sure next week. By the way expect an email a little later next week. We are going to have a christmas conference next monday and it will go all day. We are going to this place called azua for it and im pumped because out on there basketball court there is this huge utah jazz logo. ha there is also this company here that has totally ripped off the jazz logo and im going to try and take a picture of it to show you guys. ITs pretty funny. I heard the jazz arent doing to good this year though. oh well still going to be a fan for life. So basically the dominicans started preparing for christmas when i entered the field. We always sing christmas hymns here in sacrament meeting. Something cool is that we received permission to eat with members on the 24th and the 31st of this month. Im super excited for this. We already have this member named nancy who said she has been dying to cook for us ha im so grateful for her and her family. super nice people. yes my stone passed the last week of the transfer. I was really fine, ya i was uncomfortable and in pain but i was blessed with strength beyond my own. I know the lord hears all of your prayers and has allowed me to feel this many times here. I don´t want you guys to ever feel worried or sorry for me. There are people with a lot worse here. I have been able to give quite a few blessings here to quite a few really struggling people. I know the priesthood is real. I know i have direct access to a loving heavenly father who is always waiting to answer my prayers. Much like president monoson i find no greater joy than following a spiritual prompting and finding out it was the answer to somebody prayers and i always the lord to know that when he needs an errand ran, Elder Spencer Hulsey is ready, worthy, and able. I remember this talk by jeffery r holland we listened to in the ccm. It was very powerful. It was part of training for new mission presidents a few years ago and it hit me super hard. He talked a lot about christs mission. Often times on missions we get to caught up in the hard things that we miss out on the good things. I find out 3 people from my group already went home due to anxiety issues. It really made me sad. I am not saying in the least that these people deserve any degree of disrespect or dishonor. But i remember in the talk Elder Holland pointed out some great stuff. Why cant everything just be easy, why isn't my only fear that of catching a cold due to the amount of time i spend in the baptismal font, why wont these people accept the truth, why wont they read the book of mormon, why is it simply just hard at times? well if you look in the bible at christ´s life and say wow sounds like he lived the easy life you would be absolutely and 100 percent crazy. Do you think it was very easy to be cast out by your own people, do you think it was easy to suffer the atonement, do you think it was easy to be tempted by the devil after fasting 40 days, do you think it was easy that despite all the miracles signs and wonders the people still rejected you, the message, and everything you knew would give them happiness? then why if it was never easy for the man we represent should we assume it to just be easy for us? The truth is its not easy but i promise you it is worth it. I cant even remember the faces of people who have rejected me, or scared me or anything else that was bad. I know they happened but i really find it easier to just remember the good.
Anyway i love you all and hope you have a great week,
Love,
Elder Spencer W. Hulsey