Banner

Banner

Monday, January 20, 2014

RE: New Area

Email received January 20, 2013

Dear family,
I'm honestly very happy here in my new area called Buenos Aires. Its in the capital and its honestly the best area in the whole mission from what i have heard. Its very different from bani. Its a ward with a way cool bishop who is very excited about the work and is always willing to help us. The ward is very accepting and i have already made so many new friends here. I worry about elder Mortensen about every minute of everyday. JA i cant believe he wrote you but that was very nice of him to say. Really i look so much up to him and i learned so much from him. He is one of the most logical guys i have ever met. He was so funny too. They sent him way out to the Haitian border. Anyway everything worked out and i am totally fine. something kinda cool about this area is that it was where elder Gatherum started his mission. He was my first zone leader and had a really big influence on me. he was a great missionary and he just finished his mission on Wedsenday. Everybody in the ward still remembers him. One thing i already love about this ward is they are big into basketball. I'm very excited to get to play with them. My comps name is elder cragun and he has one transfer less than me and is in his first area still. he is a really hard worker and we will have a fun time together. I'm what we like to call his step dad. I live in a way nice house with 4 other companionships. I feel so bad for this one though. His name is Elder Ramos and he is a recent convert from Honduras and he is really struggling. His trainer is a good guy from Costa Rica and i know they will be able to work things out. He has a strong testimony and that is whats most important. He just needs a little time is all i think. Something funny he told me is that he cant understand the people here. They speak too fast and use too much slang i suppose. I guess he also believes Honduras speaks the most pure form of Spanish as well. JAJA he is funny. Anyway I like what I'm seeing back home. It sounds like a lot of missionaries will be leaving soon and for that me alegra. I am super pumped for Ashley. She will learn so much and be super blessed for her service. Tell Alyssa that the mission really is the best thing in the world. Don't pressure her into going but just say in my opinion she would be a fantastic missionary. I was thinking a moment about what you said about Satan's plan. really i think i always took pity on him because i guess i kinda thought he was at least trying to do the plan of god and maybe got really offended. But then i thought that in his plan there really would be no sacrifice made because there would be no need. He wouldn't need the father and the father would not have needed him in truth it was the biggest something for nothing plan ever created. he wanted all the glory with out paying the sacrifice or atoning for it. Christ entonces was a humble servant of our father who gave all the glory to him and paid the price for us in the end and now i am trying so hard to be his humble messenger to these people here in Buenos Aires. Yes the work is hard but the benefits are many. I have learned so much and i don't ever regret my choice in coming out here. I never ever could have known how much i really could love a people before i came here. I look at everyone the way Christ would. I know he loves them. I know he called me specifically here for a reason. I love this work and i love him. Me encanta el idioma y estoy aprendiendo cada dia. En verdad me encanta la musica cristiana aqui y probablmente voy a escucharla por el resto de mi vida. Os amo bastante y espero que todo este bien.
Con amor,
Elder hulsey