Banner

Banner

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

(No subject)

Email received January 13, 2014

Querida family,

Ok- I did get transferred. In fact my whole house did and we have no idea where any one of us will be going. We will be told tonight. So anyway Santiago will leave tomorrow. He is pretty excited. we had a great turn out in church for his last Sunday and i got to do an intercambio with him on Saturday which was kind of a bummer because nobody was in their houses. I hear the last full day of work in the mission is usually like that. Anyway we ended up getting ice cream and having a good time. Elder Mortensen technically has to be trained for the next 6 weeks. Training lasts usually for the first 2 transfers but i guess he is ending early and will be heading for another area soon. I am very curious to know where i will be going and who will be my companion. Its a really weird feeling though. I didn't want to leave bani and i really wanted to stay and finish training elder Mortensen. But like the song says a donde me mandes ire senor. I know i will be fine its just hard for me dealing with the unknown. Elder Meek is pretty upset. he told me he was just getting used to area. Its actually the second time he has been white washed out of an area. He said the first time was worse though because he had a lot of baptisms lined up. Which also kinda makes me sad because i wont get to see Jennifer be baptized. The lord has his plan though and i just really hope these new sister missionaries that come in will be able to finish teaching her and that she will get baptized and complete her family. Also we have been working with this Haitian family. Woodlyn and Roodlina. They have two kids named Udlovin (or as i like to call him mclovins) and darlin. She is also pregnant and yesterday told me that she is going to name me the god father of her child and that i get to choose the name. Jajaja so how bout that i am going to have a Haitian god daughter. i have had a stake conference well i guess really a district conference. Bani isn't a stake- its a district of branches. I guess at one point it was dang close to becoming a stake but it turned out the district president was stealing tithing money and when he got excommunicated a lot of people went in active. A bread and jam social huh? that sounds pretty cool. I'm a bit jealous to be honest. Wow Ashley is getting her call this week? Tell her i predict Mision santo domingo oeste la republica dominicana. Because it is the best mission after all. Really though i love it so much down here. I'm having the best time of my life and i cant believe how fast its going by. I love you guys all so much and hope you have a great week. Remember to trust in the lord and please pray for me. I'm very nervous to start in a new area.

Gracias por todo que hace,

Elder Hulsey